February 23 2018
Vauxhall Corsa celebrates 25th birthday in style.
This year, the Vauxhall Corsa is celebrating its 25th birthday in style with a range of attractive deals from as little as £149 per month; as well as revealing 25 things you may not have known about the model.
Always a stylish addition to the Vauxhall range, the Corsa was born during the era of Britpop, the Sony Walkman, the Spice Girls and shell suits – and at one point, the Supermini iteration of the model was promoted by supermodels Kate Moss and Naomi Campbell. Moss and Campbell, who introduced the vehicle back in 1993 alongside supermodels Linda Evangelista and Christy Turlington, cemented the Corsa’s standing as a stylish small car, and it remains one of the most popular models on the roads today.
Of course, over the years the Corsa has gone through many transformations, and instead of being lauded for its built-in cassette player, it’s now celebrated for its connectivity and Apple CarPlay. The engine power of the Corsa has grown over the years, as the car itself has grown in dimension. The Corsa is Vauxhall’s best-selling model, and over two-million have been sold in the UK – the equivalent of nine purchases per hour.
In celebration of the Corsa’s quarter century, Vauxhall is running a series of attractive deals; Leon Caruso, retail sales director at Vauxhall Motors commented on the milestone:
“The Corsa has played such an integral part in British culture over the past 25 years, I think it’d be difficult to find someone who hasn’t owned or had a friend or family member who has owned a model.
“That’s why we’re celebrating the Corsa’s quarter-century anniversary year with our best-ever offer: a Corsa Energy for just £149 per month, with a £149 initial rental. I encourage you to hot foot it down to your local Vauxhall retailer to take advantage of this fantastic, industry-leading offer.”
As well as birthday offers, the manufacturer curated a list of 25 facts about the Corsa, which most drivers many not have known. We’ve picked some of our favourites below…
· ‘Corsa’ means ‘race’ in Italian.
· When Arctic Monkeys signed a publishing deal with EMI publishing, lead vocalist Alex Turner celebrated by buying a Vauxhall Corsa.
· Matt Smith sold his Corsa on eBay for £6.3k, donating the fee to children’s charity Starlight.
· The most popular latest Corsa colour bought is the Grey, with 45,050 Grey Corsas currently on British roads.
· The original model sold for £7,195 with the price rising by just £3,850 in its 25 years. Assuming an annual inflation rate of two per cent, it would be less expensive now than in 1993.
· Original Corsa designer Richard Shaw still works at Vauxhall, working through the ranks to Chief Designer for Interiors.
· Vauxhall created a pair of bespoke headphones in the shape of a Corsa to help launch the fifth year of the UK Beatbox Championships in 2011.
· A new electric Corsa model will be launching in 2019 – Vauxhall’s first electric Corsa.
All figures provided are those of the manufacturer and are not necessarily those of Go Green Leasing.
Check out our Vauxhall Corsa lease deals today!
Posted on 23rd February 2018 at 5:10PM